No one likes a blocked toilet, especially when it happens at the worst possible moment. Whether you are hosting dinner and drinks or a Sunday BBQ, it’s never a pleasant situation.
Ok now that you have clicked on this page, and obviously you have a problem with your toilet, and you are seeking answers to solve the mess that is presented to you. Twin plumbing will give you some advice to fix the problem especially if it is a soft stoppage.
Follow these simple steps:
- Take a deep breathe and calm down.
- Get a plastic bag from your kitchen cupboard and some disposable gloves
- If you have a stringy mop handy place the bag or perhaps two bags around the base of the mop. Tie a nice tight double knot around the mop and put your gloves on.
- Place the mop into the base of the toilet and plunge the base of the toilet bowl.
- Plunge about 10-15 times.
- Once toilet water has cleared, flush the toilet several times to clean the effluent from the plastic bag.
- Carefully remove the plastic bag and dispose of.
- Clean all mess that may have resulted in the blockage.
If this simple method fails, you may have something else going on with your plumbing pipes like tree roots or collapsed pipe. Feel free to call the twins from Twin plumbing and we will be more than happy to help you out. We offer comprehensive service 24/7, 365 days of the year.